KI Beach Party
Beach Party at Rocky Point, Eastern Cove, Kangaroo Island – Enjoy the last day of 2023, watch the sunset, and celebrate New Year’s Eve together
Date: 31 December 2023
Time: After lunch until late
Location: Beach, Rocky Point, Kangaroo Island
Welcome: Yachties, power boats and other SA yacht club members
What to Bring:
- Your own food and drinks ( BYO)
- Camping chairs and table (if desired)
- LEDs lights to create the ambiance
- Please leave no trace respecting the environment and the local residents
- Consider bringing a Moana beach shelter – lets see how many different designs can be achieved – [click here for some inspo]
Note: If weather’s unfavourable for beach access at Rocky Point, a backup plan (Plan B) is the Browns Beach picnic area or alternatively somewhere along the Eastern Cove. Watch the movement of Free Fallin and listen on Ch 16.
Follow the fleet to KI:
All yachts must be Independent and depart when conditions are favourable! A number of yachts are looking at a passage plan on 27 or 28 December weather dependent. Details will be posted closer to the date.
Safety Recommendations: A passage plan to KI and return must be carefully considered. Please evaluate your vessels capability, seaworthiness and your level of seamanship skills. If in doubt seek advice.
In addition, we stress the following safety recommendations:
- Skipper holds responsibility and liability
- Recommended safety measures include lifejackets, hand-held radio, PLBs, jacklines and tethers, log on/off with Sea Rescue Adelaide and/or VMR American River on VHF Ch 80, maintaining watch on VHF Ch 16, and consider the Australian Sailing (AS) special regulations Category 5 [click here]
Do you have AIS on your vessel? If not have you considered installing the APP OnCourse – [click here for info]
For more information contact: Darren Harvey – CYCSA Cruising Association Chair
m: 0490 664 828 / e: [email protected] / Yacht: Free Fallin
Please monitor weather forecasts, plan your voyage carefully, and enjoy the event responsibly!