SA Women’s Keelboat Regatta
The inaugural South Australian Women’s Keelboat Regatta (SAWKR) will be held over three days, in the pristine waters of the Gulf of St Vincent, at the Cruising Yacht Club of South Australia (CYCSA). There will be both mixed class divisions and One Design divisions for Elliott 7s and J24s.
- Friday 30 Sept 2022 – Welcome to crews.
- Saturday 1 Oct – Regatta Day 1. In the evening, regatta dinner at the CYCSA.
- Sunday 2 Oct – Regatta Day 2.
- Monday 3 Oct – Regatta Day 3. Presentations.
The CYCSA is very supportive of women’s sailing, running regular ladies helm racing and, together with the Royal South Australian Yacht Squadron (RSAYS), conducting a Women’s Series over summer consisting of eight races. This regatta will provide an exciting opportunity for women to participate and compete in sailing from within SA and, more broadly, from Australia wide.
- Private boats – Keelboats, J24s, Trailerables
- Charter Boats – Six new Elliott 7s available through the CYCSA and six J24s are available through the nearby RSAYS.
- Large Keelboats
- Small Keelboats
- Elliott 7s
Please contact the CYCSA, if you don’t have a boat, and are interested in crewing.
This is an all-women event, with women and girls welcome from 14 years up, the only requirement is that you need to be a member of an Australian Sailing affiliated club. The CYCSA does offer a SailPass, if you are new to the sport and have not yet joined a club.
More details to follow but initial enquiries can be made to the CYCSA Racing Administrator, Inese Lainis Phone: 08 8248 4222 or email: [email protected]