Experience and learn to sail at Adelaide's leading Discover Sailing training centre. The Marine Academy makes learning to sail easy. It is challenging for new people to understand where to start, complexities of courses and range of opportunities available to new sailors makes learning to sail intimidating but like everything new you just need to get involved!
The best place to start learning to sail is on a Discover Sailing Course......
So come and join us and enjoy being out on the water with our helpful and passionate qualified instructors for an addictive sailing experience, involving two and a half hours of hands on sailing to get a taste of what sailing has to offer you.
Discover Sailing Features
• Two and a half hour introduction to experience learning to sail from our clubs base at North Haven, 40 minuets from Adelaide CBD. Sailing in South Australia's pristine Gulf St Vincent.
• Learn how a sailing boat works, basic boat parts, how to hoist the sails, how to adjust and trim the sails and an opportunity to steer the yacht.
• A great introduction to sailing and an opportunity to discover what is available to you at the Cruising Yacht Club of South Australia.
• Discounts on future courses.
• All safety equipment and refreshments provided.
Discover Sailing Prerequisites
• No prior experience required, people returning to sailing welcome.
Discover Sailing Equipment and Facilities
• "Academy 1" the Marine Academy's training yacht and clubs flag ship. A Farr designed 11.6 meter Sail Cruising Yacht.
• Royal Yachting Association qualified instructor and all safety gear.
• The Cruising Yacht Club of South Australia, North Haven.
Discover Sailing Bookings
• Cost is $110 per person, discount for groups.
• Courses run with 2 - 8 students.
Discover Sailing Pathway
Start Yachting > Competent Crew > Day Skipper
Start Crewing > Start Helming > Spinnakers > Start Racing